Renewing Our Assets
Renewing Our Assets one Project at a Time
The results of the Fall 2020 survey, our membership was overwhelmingly supportive of renewing / rehabilitating our assets including lake management, beach pavilion and picnic areas, beach tennis courts, landscaping among other needs. A decision was made in November 2020 to raise member dues and initiation fees to provide a predictable level of cash flow to execute against a long-term plan to renew and rehabilitate our assets. It was important to establish an oversight structure to ensure we are good stewards of our members money. A capital projects committee was established to oversee a long-term rehab/renewal plan. Purpose of the committee will be:
- Develop a long-term plan building on the Board prioritization of projects and develop an implementation plan
- Solicit and review project proposals
- Make recommendations to BMOI Board for final approval
- Oversee selection of contractors and spending
Under Construction -
The Board approved the following immediate project priorities for the Capital Committee to focus on.
- Beach Pavilion – We are currently in the design phase to replace the existing pavilion prior to opening the beach in May 2021. The new pavilion will have a larger footprint with more useable space. A picnic table replacement program will begin this year and continue across a 2-3 year period.
- Marston building repairs and repainting
- Marina bathroom remodel including looking at existing sanitary sewer issues.