Town of Bow Mar Town of Bow Mar
Town of Bow Mar
 
Login | Register
 
Home
Calendar
About Us
Our Location
Contact Us
ACC Procedures/Guidlines
 
Board Of Trustees
BMOI
Activities and Committees
Beach Manager
Rules /Covenants
BMOI Membership Fees
Beach Party Reservations
Marina & Boat Lockers
Online Payments
 
Camp Bow MarS Registration Packets
Sailing/Yacht Club
Tennis
Swimming
Ice Skating
Social Clubs (Cigar/Running)
 
Bulletin
Member Directory
Town Map
Documents
Message Board
Links
Lost & Found
Board Information
 

About Us
 
 
Bow Mar Owners, INC.
  The purpose of this corporation shall be to equip and operate a social club for the pleasure and recreation of its members, and in connection therewith to maintain such tennis, sailing, swimming, picnic and other recreational facilities and activities which its Board of Directors may consider advisable.  This corporation is organized as a social club and is intended to qualify as an exempt organization pursuant to Section 501(c)(7) of the Internal Revenue Code.
 
 
 
A Bit About Town!
 
 
A note from Lloyd and Eleanor King when asked about providing a little history of how Bow Mar came to be
History
 
 
   As the Denver-area grew in the late 19th century, the area that is now known as Bow Mar was developed as an agricultural area. It was home to several large farms that provided for both Denver and nearby Littleton. The name Bow Mar is derived from combining the names of two nearby lakes, Bowles Lake and Marston Lake. The lakes were named for two pioneering farmers in the area, Joseph Bowles and John Marston.[6] The Bowles family farmhouse and barn can today be found south of the town of Bow Mar.
 
     As Denver grew in the post-World War II era, Bow Mar farmland was purchased to develop the area into single-family housing. Homes were first constructed in what is now Bow Mar in the late 1940s and early 1950s. In 1947, the first home was built in Bow Mar by land developed by Lloyd and Eleanor King.[7] The neighborhood was largely built up by the end of the 1950s.
 
     Bow Mar was incorporated as a town in 1958[7] as a town that straddled both Arapahoe and Jefferson counties. When built, many homes in Bow Mar reflected Frank Lloyd Wright's prairie-style architecture. Homes were constructed upon acre lots and were placed on wide streets, and were limited to being no more than one story tall. Today, many houses in the area are being updated or replaced with new construction.
Bow Mar maintains a public beach for residents that is utilized year-round for concerts, gatherings, or other neighborhood events. The Bow Mar Yacht Club hosts regattas during summer months on Bow Mar Lake.
 
Current mayor is Rick Pilgrim